Friday, April 8, 2011

fridays article

This article is about the big nuclear accident that happened in Chyrnoble. This accident was the biggest nuclear accident ever in history. This was even worse than Japan’s accident, even though Japans was caused by the earthquake and tsunami that hit. Also it talked about when people went in they had to wear masks and suites so they were not effected by the radiation that is still there. They went into a kindergarten and saw all of the things kids usually like to play with were covered in radioactive dust. This left the country with a debt almost incalculable. They predict that this will take at least a few decades to fully clean up.
Some key points in this article are how many people were effected, also how long it will take for this city to be completely clean for people to come back in here. Also it was known to be one of the best cities to live in.
I thought it was extremely striking on how much radiation was piled up throughout the whole entire city. Also the amount of time it will take to clean it all up.
If this happened to me I am not sure how I would feel because I would be dead.
I agree on how long it will take to clean up the whole city.
This has influenced me on how bad nuclear accidents can effect people.
I could find further information by searching Chyrnoble.

No comments:

Post a Comment