Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesdays article

This article is about a photographer who is from Uzbekistan and was taking pictures of a boy in this enclosed place and has a mud floor. This kid looks extremely sad and looks deprived. The photographer who took this picture was taken to court and prosecuted. They say these pictures give off a bad image of what the country is and the beauty is has, also that is not what happens in the houses there.
The key points are why the photographer took the picture and also what her sentence is, not only that but also why she had to go to court over it.
I thought it was interesting how the picture was taken to court because it makes the country seem bad which it isn’t, also this picture was kind of set up.
I think that I would be angry if this happened to me because I was doing it just to take pictures and people take it the wrong way. But I can respect why the government did not want it to be published because of the image it instantly gives off of the country.
I agree that the picture did not get published because the things people could thing from it, I very much respect that.
This has influenced me because I know that not all countries can have freedom of press like we do in America.
I could search for the picture to find more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment